D3dx9_35.dll Error Messages
There are several different ways that d3dx9_35.dll error messages might appear, depending on where the error is being generated from.
Many of the more common d3dx9_35.dll error messages are listed here:
- "D3dx9_35.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
- "D3DX9_35.DLL Not Found"
- "File d3dx9_35.dll not found"
- "The file d3dx9_35.dll is missing"
- "D3DX9_35.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_35.DLL and try again."
- "Missing component d3dx9_35.dll"
- "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll could not be found!"
In non-game applications, a d3dx9_35.dll error might appear before certain advanced graphics features of the program are used or, like in many games, as soon as the program is started.
Cause of D3dx9_35.dll ErrorsD3dx9_35.dll issues are caused in one way or another by a single issue - some kind of problem with Microsoft DirectX.
The d3dx9_35.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, d3dx9_35.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Troubleshooting StepsImportant Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_35.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_35.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.
- Restart your computer if you haven't already done so.
The d3dx9_35.dll error might be a fluke or one-time issue and a restart could clear it up. It's unlikely this will fix the problem, but restarting is always a good first step.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the d3dx9_35.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.
- Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_35.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application CD or DVD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.
Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. There may be an issue with the files in the game or program that work with d3dx9_35.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.
- Restore the d3dx9_35.dll file from the latest DirectX package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_35.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_35.dll file individually from the DirectX package.
- Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.
Applies ToThe d3dx9_35.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.
Some common games that have been known to generate d3dx9_35.dll errors include The Witcher, Deal or No Deal: Secret Vault Games, Kwari, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, OGRE (a graphics rendering engine), Unreal Tournament 3, EVE, Dark GDK (a game development package), Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 4, nullDC (a Dreamcast emulator), Distant Guns, and more.