D3dx9_27.dll Error Messages
There are several ways that d3dx9_27.dll related errors might show up in your Windows system. Some of the more common d3dx9_27.dll error messages are listed below:
- "The file d3dx9_27.dll was not found"
- "Cannot find d3dx9_27.dll"
- "The dynamic link library d3dx9_27.dll could not be found in the specified path [PATH]"
- "The file d3dx9_27.dll is missing"
- "D3DX9_27.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_27.DLL and try again."
- "Error initializing the application because the file d3dx9_27.dll was not found"
- "The application failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
In non-game programs, a d3dx9_27.dll error might show up before certain graphics features are used.
Cause of D3dx9_27.dll ErrorsD3dx9_27.dll issues are caused in one way or another by a problem with Microsoft DirectX.
The d3dx9_27.dll file is one of many files that make up DirectX. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games, d3dx9_27.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Troubleshooting StepsImportant Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_27.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_27.dll from one of those DLL download sites, delete it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.
- Restart your computer unless you already have since this problem began.
The d3dx9_27.dll error might be a one-time problem and a simple restart could clear it up completely. It's unlikely this will fix the issue, but restarting is always a good first step.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the d3dx9_27.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.
- Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_27.dll error you're receiving, look for a copy of DirectX on your game or application CD or DVD. Usually, if a game or other program uses DirectX, the software developers will include an installable copy of DirectX on the setup disc.
In some cases, the DirectX version included on the disc will work better with the program than the latest version available online.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something may have happened to the files in the program that work with the d3dx9_27.dll file and a reinstall could solve the problem.
- Restore the d3dx9_27.dll file from the latest DirectX package. If the steps above haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_27.dll issue, try extracting the d3dx9_27.dll file individually from the DirectX package.
- Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.
Applies ToThe d3dx9_27.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.
Some common games that have been known to generate d3dx9_27.dll errors include F.E.A.R, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Zoo Tycoon 2, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Age of Empires III, Flight Simulator X, The Lord of the Rings: The Battle For Middle-Earth, The Godfather, and more.