The Bottom Line
In a Hurry?: Skip my review and see the complete step-by-step guide to Winkeyfinder.
Winkeyfinder is straightforward and easy enough for anyone to use but also contains advanced features like the ability to backup and restore Windows XP activation related files.
Important: Please read my Key Finder Programs FAQ for more information.
- No installation required
- Instant display of your product key
- Includes ability to backup and restore activation related files
- Copy, save or print the product key for safe keeping
- Small download size
- Advanced features might intimidate users new to key finder tools
- Finds product keys from the Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, ME, and 98 operating systems.
- Winkeyfinder finds product keys from Microsoft Office 2010, 2007, 2003, XP, 97 and possibly many other software programs.
- Winkeyfinder allows product keys to be copied to the clipboard, printed and saved as text files for safe keeping.
- The local Windows registration information can be changed with a single click.
- Windows XP and Office 2000 SP2 users can easily change their product key in Winkeyfinder.
- The activation files (in Windows XP) can be easily backed up and restored helping to make reinstalling Windows XP easier.
- A password generator utility is included with Winkeyfinder that you may find useful for creating very secure passwords.
Guide Review - Winkeyfinder v1.75
Winkeyfinder v1.75 is one of the best choices out there if you're looking to locate a product key. It's a quick download and it's very, very easy to use. The product key (also referred to as the CD key) is immediately displayed for your operating system.
As of version v1.75, Winkeyfinder will locate the product keys for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows ME
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office 2000 SP2
- Microsoft Office 97
If you find that Winkeyfinder locates a product key for a major piece of software not listed here, let me know and I'll add it to the list.
Winkeyfinder lets you print your product key, save it as a text file, or copy it to the clipboard to paste elsewhere for safe keeping - all from within the program!
Advanced users will appreciate the capability to easily change user registration information and also change the product key (Windows XP and Office 2000 only). Here are instructions on changing your Windows XP key manually if you'd rather not use Winkeyfinder for that purpose.
Winkeyfinder will also allow you to backup and restore your activation files, making a future installation of Windows easier.
You may not use Winkeyfinder every day, but it does its job when you need it to. I highly recommend Winkeyfinder 1.75!
Windows 7 Users: Please note that some User Reviews below indicate that this program does not work with Windows 7. However, I have personally tested the latest version of Winkeyfinder on a retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), and several other Windows 7 versions, and it found the correct product key each time without problem.
Note: Some User Reviews below seem to indicate that my review of the free Winkeyfinder is in some way a means to persuade you to purchase another program. Quite the contrary. This program is completely free and there are other free keyfinders as well, all which work as well or better than the ones that charge.