The Bottom Line
LicenseCrawler is another free key finder program that I've found to be very good. LicenseCrawler is simple to use but very impressive with the variety of serial numbers and product keys it finds.
LicenseCrawler found the serial number to nearly every important program I had installed on my computer.
Important: Please read my Key Finder Programs FAQ for more information.
- No installation necessary
- Very easy interface
- Quickly scans the registry for serial numbers and product keys
- Results are cluttered with registry details and other non-product key information
- Finds product keys for any Microsoft Windows operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 95.
- LicenseCrawler finds product keys for an impressive list of applications thanks to its registry scanning feature.
- Simple copy/paste in the text-based interface allows easy backup of found product keys.
Guide Review - LicenseCrawler v1.6
I was very impressed with LicenseCrawler. When I first took a look at the program, it looked simplistic and I wasn't expecting much.
First impressions are sometimes wrong.
Not only did LicenseCrawler find my Windows 7 product key easily, it also found the serial numbers for several programs that no other key finder program I've used had ever found.
Aside from how effective LicenseCrawler is at finding serial numbers and product keys, I really liked the simple results window. It's a little crowded with some generally useless registry information but I liked how easy it was to scroll through the results to find what I was looking for.
Several programs were found that didn't make a lot of sense - like Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player (neither program requires a serial number since they're both free and included in Windows) - but that's also a testament to the unique scanning ability of LicenseCrawler. The program should be able to locate a seriously impressive list of programs.
If you've had problems locating a program's serial number or product key with another key finder program then I highly recommend trying LicenseCrawler.