Most external peripherals connect to the motherboard connectors that extend from the rear of the case.
- PS/2 Ports: Standard keyboards and mice often connect to the computer via the PS/2 ports.
- Serial & Parallel Ports: The serial port and parallel port allow connections to printers and other external devices.
- USB Ports: Devices like digital cameras, scanners and printers often connect to the motherboard via the USB ports.
- LAN Port: The LAN port is used to connect the PC to a local network or to high speed Internet services.
- VGA & Audio Ports: On this particular motherboard, the VGA port provides access to integrated video while the line-out, microphone and line-in ports provide access to integrated audio meaning there is no need for video cards or sound cards.