Getting in to the BIOS setup utility on your motherboard should be easy, right? If you've tried the basic steps for accessing your motherboard's BIOS and haven't been successful - don't worry. This list of keyboard commands to enter BIOS should be of some help.
Note: If you have a computer system from a major manufacturer like Dell, Gateway, etc. then my BIOS Setup Utility Access Keys for Popular Computer Systems list will probably be of more help.
This list of BIOS access keyboard commands is a work in progress so any input from you would be greatly appreciated! If you have any additional information on BIOS access for a motherboard (listed here or not) or if you find a mistake in this list, please let me know.
abit - ab9, an7, an8, av8, aw9d, be6, bh6, ic7, in9, ip35, kn8, kn9, etc.
- Press Del while the PRESS DEL TO ENTER SETUP message is displayed to access the BIOS setup utility.
ASRock - 4coredual, 775dual, 939dual, k7s41gx, p4v88, k7vm3, etc.
- Press F2 right after the computer starts up.
ASUS - p5b, a7v600, a7v8x, a8n, a8v, k8v, m2n, p5k, p5n, etc.
- Press Del right after starting the computer to enter BIOS. Some other ASUS motherboards use Ins and some, like the p5bw-le, use F10 instead.
BFG - 680i, 8800gtx, 6800gt, 7600gt, 7800gs, 7950gt, etc.
- Press Del when the ...enter setup message briefly displays at the bottom of the screen after powering on the computer.
BIOSTAR - 6100, 550, 7050, 965pt, k8m800, p4m80, ta690g, tf7050, etc.
- Press the Del key while the full screen logo is showing on screen, immediately after starting the computer.
DFI - LANParty Ultra, Expert, Infinity 975x, NF3, NF4, cfx3200, p965, rs482, etc.
- Press the Del key when the Press DEL to enter setup message appears, immediately after the memory test.
ECS Elitegroup - k7s5a, k7vta3, 741gx, 755-a2, 945p, c51gm, gf7100pvt, p4m800, etc.
- Press either the Del or F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
EVGA - 790i, 780i, 750i, 680i, 650i, e-7150/630i, e-7100/630i, 590, etc.
- Enter BIOS by pressing Del immediately after powering on the computer.
Foxconn - c51xem2aa, 6150bk8mc, 6150bk8ma, c51gu01, etc.
- Press Del to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
GIGABYTE - ds3, p35, 965p, dq6, ds3r, k8ns, etc.
- Press Del during POST, right after the computer is turned on.
Intel - d101ggc, d815eea, d845, d850gb, d865glc, d875pbz, d945gccr, d946gtp, d975xbx, etc.
- Press F2 during the initial boot process to enter the BIOS setup utility.
JetWay - jm26gt3, ha04, j7f3e, hi03, ji31gm3, jp901dmp, 775gt1-loge, etc.
- Enter BIOS setup by powering on the computer and pressing Del immediately.
Mach Speed - Viper, Matrix, pm800, 917gbag, v6dp, s755max, etc.
- Press Del after the boot process begins to enter the BIOS configuration utility.
MSI (Micro-Star) - k8n, k9n, p965, 865pe, 975x, k7n2, k9a2, k8t neo, p7n, p35, x48, x38, etc.
- Press Del while the Press DEL to enter SETUP message displays on screen after powering on the computer.
PCChips - m810lr, m811, m848a, p23g, p29g, p33g, etc.
- Press Del or F1 to enter the BIOS utility.
SAPPHIRE - PURE CrossFire 3200, a9rd580Adv, a9rs480, CrossFireX 770 & 790FX, PURE Element 690V, etc.
- Press Del after powering on to get into BIOS.
Shuttle - "bare bones" and motherboards including ak31, ak32, an35n, sn25p, ai61, sd37p2, sd39p2, etc.
- Press Del or Ctrl+Alt+Esc at the Press DEL to enter SETUP message that appears right after turning on the computer.
- Press Del during POST.
Super Micro - c2sbx, c2sbm, pdsba, pdsm4, pdsmi, p8sc8, p4sbe, etc.
- Press the Del key at any time during the boot process.
TYAN - Tomcat, Trinity, Thunder, Tiger, Tempest, Tahoe, Tachyon, Transport and Bigby motherboards including K8WE, S1854, S2895, MP S2460, MPX S2466, K8W S2885, S2895, S2507, etc.
- After starting the system, press the Del or F4 key to start the BIOS setup utility.
XFX - nForce 500 Series, 600 Series, 700 Series, etc.
- Press Del during the boot process, immediately after the computer is turned on.
If you still can't determine what the keyboard commands are to access BIOS for your motherboard, my BIOS Setup Utility Access Keys for Major BIOS Manufacturers list should come in handy.