X3daudio1_7.dll Error Messages
There are several ways that x3daudio1_7.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are several of the more common ways you might see x3daudio1_7.dll errors:
- "X3daudio1_7.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
- "The file x3daudio1_7.dll is missing"
- "X3daudio1_7.DLL Not Found"
- "File x3daudio1_7.dll not found"
Cause of X3daudio1_7.dll ErrorsX3daudio1_7.dll issues are caused in one way or another by an issue with Microsoft DirectX.
The x3daudio1_7.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, x3daudio1_7.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Troubleshooting StepsImportant Note: Do not download the x3daudio1_7.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of excellent reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded x3daudio1_7.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with these steps.
- Restart your computer if you haven't yet.
The x3daudio1_7.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the x3daudio1_7.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.
- Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the x3daudio1_7.dll error, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application DVD or CD. Sometimes the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc if their game or program utilizes DirectX.
Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available from Microsoft.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the files in the program that work with x3daudio1_7.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.
- Restore the x3daudio1_7.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your x3daudio1_7.dll error, try extracting the x3daudio1_7.dll individually from the DirectX downloadable package.
- Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.