Qdv.dll Error Messages
There are several ways that qdv.dll errors can show up on your computer. Several of the more common specific qdv.dll error messages are listed below:
- "The file qdv.dll is missing"
- "Qdv.DLL Not Found"
- "File qdv.dll not found"
- "Qdv.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
Cause of Qdv.dll ErrorsQdv.dll issues are caused in one way or another by an issue with Microsoft DirectX.
The qdv.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, qdv.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Troubleshooting StepsImportant Note: Do not download the qdv.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of excellent reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded qdv.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with these steps.
- Restart your computer if you haven't yet.
The qdv.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the qdv.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, etc. are all supported by this same DirectX installation package. It will install any DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file needed and supported in that version of Windows.
- Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the qdv.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application CD or DVD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.
Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the program files that work with qdv.dll and a reinstall could do the trick.
- Restore the qdv.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the above troubleshooting steps haven't worked to solve your qdv.dll error, try extracting the qdv.dll individually from the DirectX downloadable package.
- Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.