D3dx9_37.dll Error Messages
D3dx9_37.dll errors can show up on your computer several ways. Many of the more common d3dx9_37.dll error messages are listed here:
- "D3DX9_37.DLL Not Found"
- "D3dx9_37.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this."
- "File d3dx9_37.dll not found"
- "The file d3dx9_37.dll is missing"
- "D3DX9_37.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_37.DLL and try again."
In non-game programs, a d3dx9_37.dll error might appear before certain advanced graphics features of the program are used or when the program first starts.
Cause of D3dx9_37.dll ErrorsD3dx9_37.dll issues are caused in one way or another by a single issue - a problem of some kind with Microsoft DirectX.
The d3dx9_37.dll file is one of many similar files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is used by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, d3dx9_37.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
Troubleshooting StepsImportant Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_37.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are several different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded d3dx9_37.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.
- Restart your computer if you haven't yet done so.
The d3dx9_37.dll error might be a one-time issue and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will often fix a d3dx9_37.dll not found error.
Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so make sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.
Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.
- Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_37.dll error you're receiving, look for a DirectX installation program on your game or application CD or DVD. Usually, if a game or other program utilizes DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc.
Sometimes, though not often, the DirectX version included on the disc is a better fit for the program than the latest version available online.
- Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something might have happened to the files in the program that interact with d3dx9_37.dll and a reinstall could take care of the problem.
- Restore the d3dx9_37.dll file from the latest DirectX package. If the above steps haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_37.dll error, try extracting the d3dx9_37.dll file individually from the DirectX package.
- Update the drivers for your video card. While it's not the most common solution, in some situations updating the drivers for the video card in your computer could correct this DirectX issue.
Applies ToThe d3dx9_37.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.
Some common programs and games that have been known to generate d3dx9_37.dll errors include ipanels, GRID, Utherverse, Hard to be a God, and more.