Advrcntr3.dll Error Messages
Advrcntr3.dll errors may show up a few different ways depending on how it was generated. Here are the more common advrcntr3.dll errors that people see, with the first one being the most common:
- "This program requires the file advrcntr3.dll, which was not found on this system."
- "File advrcntr3.dll not found"
- "ADVRCNTR3.DLL MISSING"
Cause of Advrcntr3.dll Errors
Advrcntr3.dll errors, most often the "This program requires the file advrcntr3.dll, which was not found on this system." error, are caused when, for whatever reason, the advrcntr3.dll file is deleted or moved from its proper location.
The advrcntr3.dll file might go "missing" because it was accidentally deleted from the folder, because an anti-virus or other security program mistakenly removed it thinking it was a security threat, or due to an issue when you last upgraded or reinstalled Nero.
How To Fix Advrcntr3.dll ErrorsImportant Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the advrcntr3.dll DLL file from any "DLL download site." There are several reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.
Note: If you've already downloaded advrcntr3.dll from one of those DLL download sites, remove it from wherever you copied it to and continue with the following steps.
- Restart your computer. The advrcntr3.dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.
- Record the serial number of your particular Nero installation. The easiest way to do this is by following the instructions provided by Nero on their Upgrade Center page. Once there, click Need to find serial number? and follow one of the four methods.
Tip: Can't find your Nero serial number using Nero's instructions? A product key finder program could help.
- Uninstall Nero from your computer.
Note: Be sure to uninstall using the Uninstall Nero link in the Nero program group (if available) or use the Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel.
- Restart your computer.
- Download the Nero General CleanTool utility: [Direct Download Link]. Unzip and then run this free program from Nero. This utility will ensure that Nero is 100% removed from your computer.
Note: Nero General CleanTool is only guaranteed to work up through Nero 8. Newer versions of Nero should uninstall more completely via the standard uninstall method in Step 3 but feel free to try CleanTool if you like.
- Restart your computer again, just to be safe.
- Reinstall Nero from your original installation disc or downloaded file. Hopefully, this step should restore the advrcntr3.dll file.
- Install the latest update to your Nero program if there is one available. There may have been certain issues in your original version of Nero that caused the advrcntr3.dll error you've been seeing.
- Restart your computer... again.
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system if the Nero reinstallation steps don't resolve your issue. Some advrcntr3.dll issues are actually related to hostile programs that masquerade as the advrcntr3.dll file.
Note: The advrcntr3.dll file should be located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib folder. If you find the advrcntr3.dll file in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, chances are it is not Nero's legitimate advrcntr3.dll file.
The advrcntr3.dll error message could apply to nearly any version of Nero installed on any of Microsoft's operating systems that Nero is compatible with.
Advrcntr3.dll errors may also appear on computers without Nero installed if the computer is infected with certain kinds of viruses or other malware.