I've been blogging frequently about the upcoming major update to Windows 8. Here's what we know so far:
- It's called Windows 8.1 (Windows Blue was just Microsoft's internal codename).
- It will be free to existing Windows 8 users.
- It will be available as a "public preview" starting on June 26, 2013.
- It will be available [as a full product] by the 2013 holiday season.
- It will bring back the Start menu.
- It will allow you to boot directly to the Desktop.
I'd also guess that the Windows 8.1 update for existing Windows 8 users will be available via the Windows Store on or soon after the time Microsoft is rumored to release it to manufacturers which, according to several sources, should be in August of this year.
You can read all the details in Mary Jo Foley's piece linked below. I highly recommend you follow her if you're interested in keeping up with this topic.
Microsoft Confirms Blue to be Free for Existing Windows 8 Users [Mary Jo Foley, ZDNet]
Windows Keeps Getting Better [Blogging Windows]
Any of you Windows 8 users excited for this update?